Friday, July 31, 2009

Last but not least, Cozumel, Mexico


Our last port was Cozumel, Mexico. We rented a jeep and wandered around where ever we wanted. Our first stop was at some Mayan ruins. Some of the buildings (ruins) have been there since the 1200s. It was amazing. It was blazing hot there and I had to keep pausing everywhere that I could find something even resembling shade and attempt to cool off.



As we were walking around I kept seeing little piles of droppings (aka poop.) I couldn't figure out what in the world was leaving them until we stumbled across several iguanas. I kept picturing the lizards that are in the movie "Holes" so I was a little disturbed by them.


After suffering from a heat stroke walking around the ruins and getting into our dark blue jeep without a/c we stopped at a restaurant at the side of the road that opened to a beautiful sandy beach. The sand was so fine and soft. I loved just burying my toes in it! We had a blast driving around and touring the island. We can't wait to go back so if anyone is interested let me know and we can plan a group trip!

0 comments: