Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tag: We all have "Quirks"

O.K. friends and family...stop tagging me!

I am supposed to tell 6 quirky things about myself and tag 4 other people (and leave a note that I tagged them on their blog), so here it goes:

1. I hate to disappoint people. It makes me physically ill. That is why I'm doing this post. I don't want my sister in law disappointed that she tagged me and I didn't participate. Please don't take advantage of this now that you guys know this about me. In addition, I am very empathetic. If you cry, I cry.

2. Like my sister in law, I easily get addicted to things. Unfortunately I have never been addicted to vegetables or working out. I am currently addicted to a game called Ranch Rush that I downloaded off of MSN Games. I am a GameSpring subscriber so I can play all of the dumb games that interest me such as Diner Dash, Luxor, Wedding Dash, Dairy Dash, Cake Mania, Farm Frenzy, Farm Frenzy 2. It can be a book series (Twilight, Stephanie Plum, etc,) my current favorite color (aqua), what I want to eat (love Coke Icees and Coke Slurpees,) what I do, what I watch... Also like my sister in law, I can't start something until I am fully committed. It have to be able to give 100% or I feel like a failure. I am "all in" when it comes to movies, TV, and books. I think that is why I enjoy them so much.

3. I can't take credit for a meal that I didn't fully cook from scratch. When I make chicken strips out of the frozen food section, Rice-A-Roni, and have a bagged salad and my family tells me dinner was good I always apologize that I didn't make it myself. I don't consider it cooking. Jason always gives me a hard time and says every other woman in the world considers it a home cooked meal. I just have to disagree and say that it is cheating.

4. I make chocolate gravy for my family on Sundays. Remember, I lived in Arkansas for 8 years or so. I do have some Southern roots. I make biscuits (hardly ever from scratch by the way..the frozen ones are just too good) and you eat the gravy on your buttered biscuit. I also cook bacon with it because I love the salty and sweet together which leads to my next quirkiness...

5. I mix foods together for what I consider really yummy combinations. I LOVE Red Vines and Popcorn at the movies. It has to be Red Vines, Twizzlers can not be substituted. I eat fries and Frosties (who doesn't) but I also eat fries with McDonald's apple pie. I do not like apple pie either but I love eating McDonald's apple pie but only with fries. I like to mix whatever is left of my salad with my spaghetti. It is really good. There are other combinations but I can't think of them.

6. Finally, I CAN NOT lie, seriously! I can't lie even if I really, really need too. There are a few exceptions with my children and things I need to protect them from or things I need them to still believe. If I do manage to get an untruth out it will eat at me until I set the record straight. I really do lose sleep over it. I know a few wives who lie to their husbands about where they've been (shopping) and how much they have spent. I am fortunate to never have to do that because I have the most amazing husband alive but I am the type of person who would tell him and if he had a problem I would tell him to "shove it." Along with the fact that I can't lie...I have an internal justice meter. If I feel like something isn't fair I will also lose sleep until I can speak my mind. If I think I was blamed for something I didn't do or if there was some kind of misunderstanding I have to set the record straight. I have a "friend" from high school that lied to her boyfriend (now husband) about something so stupid and I got blamed for it. He has hated me ever since and thinks that I am a liar and it still bothers me. Just now typing this I got a tightening in my chest. Trust me, if I ever get a chance I will set that record straight!!! I am very, very honest. I am honest about myself and I appreciate people who are honest with me. I have so much respect for people who can tell things the way they are. One of my motto's is "Thank you for caring enough about me to be honest." I think the type of people who are willing to tell you if they have a problem care enough about you that they don't want an issue lingering like a dark cloud. So, if any of you need to talk to me about something, I'm here. :)

I'm not going to tag anyone. I thought this was a great way to get to know things about people that you wouldn't usually find out. If anyone would like to do this on their blog I would love to read it!

5 comments:

Marc said...

I hope you weren't hatin' on my blog. You should be proud that I even have a blog, shouldn't you?

Marc said...

The love is shared all around, in fact, we would like to get together with you guys this weekend if possible. I have also tried to get with jason and go to lunch or something hopefully this week.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for doing this! I think it is so fun, I hate it because I don't ever know what to write about myself but I love reading everyone elses! You are awesome!! I love the way you descrbe things and I am going to have to check out the GameSpring thing, but not until I am done with my new sewing addiction! Yeah, sewing! can you believe it!!

Unknown said...

I can totally relate to the Red Vines and Popcorn! Great Combo. Milk duds and popcorn are also awsomely delicious. I'm a bit confused by the salad and spaghetti though...Whatever, I can't really judge. I used to dip Teeddy Grahams in Ranch dressing...

Jod Jas Curtis said...

I love it Darian- a lot like me girl! Red Vines- totally agree you can't substitute :)