Monday, November 17, 2008

Not for the squeemish!




Let me set the scene...it's Friday night and I'm just leaving the Mirage in Las Vegas with Jason. We had watched Danny Gans and had just finished a relaxing dinner with several of Jason's coworkers and the owners of his company. We retrieved our car from the valet and were on our way to check in to the Monte Carlo where we were staying when we got the call. My phone rings and I check to see who it is thinking it is probably one of our friends that are with us and they were going to let us know our next party location but...alas, it said "Home." I check the time...11:48...I know instantly that this isn't going to be good. Ryan is on the other end of the line and he says, "Mom, guess what just happened to Gabe!" I hear Gabe in the background sobbing and of course Gabe being Gabe I have no idea what could have just happened. There are so many possibilities. Ryan tells me that Gabe just cut his face on a light bulb and that Jason and Malinda Whipple are on there way down to assess the situation. I told Ryan to have Malinda call me when she gets there. I wait about two minutes and call back. Malinda gets on the phone and says, "He is going to need a plastic surgeon." The Whipples take him to the ER for us and of course we come flying home. We called in a plastic surgeon and it took 35 stitches to close his little cheek. He is going to have a great scar. I told him he would have to tell everyone he saved his family from knife yielding robbers.

We later found out that Gabe was climbing out of a pop up tent that he was sleeping in in our living room and he bumped a lamp he was using to read with. It didn't have a shade on it and it had a compact flourescent light bulb in it. When he bumped it it bounced off of our DVD stand and bounced back and cut him in the face.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

well, that just answers my last comment question.....holy moly!

yikes. now gabe is 'GANGSTA'.

Marc said...

Man what a story! It seems like it has been forever since i last saw your family. We do miss you guys and I hope all is well with Gabe. Beckham will be so sad, he loves Gabe or is it Ryan, he is confused as to who is who. Love you guys and can we please be friends again?

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

I swear you prepare me for what is to come in the world of having boys around!!!

Crawford Family said...

Owww! I'm glad he's okay. Love their Halloween costumes too.