Saturday, August 9, 2008

Venting...kind of...

O.K. I just want to get this off my chest...I am not someone who aspires to be a stay-at-home mom. Please don't take me wrong. I have nothing but respect and admiration for moms that can stay home and cater to their children's needs and keep their homes clean and their men happy...it is just not for me. I think I am just too selfish. I love my children and I love spending time with them but I am a better mom for working. My house may be unorganized and my laundry may not all be folded and put away but I am just someone who is fulfilled by being employed. So as the two of you that read this blog already know I have been working for Dr. Shawn Davis who is a new oral surgeon in town. I have been there for about 7 weeks now and I was promoted to office manager and given a raise. I love it!

By the way, what sparked this whole desire to vent was a blog that I read where in the "about me" section she put down that she is a wife who has the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and she keeps her house spotless (she really used those words) and cooks meals for her family. I guess my own issues have come forth and prompted me to feel insecure about the fact that currently my house is a disaster, my husband is on his way right now to pick up food for dinner, and instead of doing anything to be productive I'm blogging.

9 comments:

Mindi said...

ummmmmm, welcome to the club--

hell, i'm a sahm and i still have all the same issues.....don't let the pretenders get you down.
we all know that nobody's life works like that. and good for you on your raise and promo!

linde said...

I can say being a stay at home mom is great if you have the energy to keep your house spotless and making meals for your family. As a stay at home mom I can say who really has all that energy.I Don't!!!!! Good for you for getting out of the house and on your promotion!!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your Promotion! Hook me up with a job!! I think you do a great job with your family and home!! Better than me! Besides, who the crap says they have a spotless home, there is only one person I know who actually does, and thats because all the kids are gone and husband works all the time!! Nobody is there to make a mess!!

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I feel the same way Darian, I am a much better mom when I work and have adult conversation with other adults and I feel like I am doing something productive. My kids enjoy the way we live. She must be living in plesantville. Congrats on your raise and promotion.

Unknown said...

K well Darian we are the same! I felt very very unsuccessful staying at home! I felt I wasn't the mom I could be! But working I feel that i am totally myself and am such a beeter (happier) person!!! No guilt should be felt for staying home! Whatever you think makes you the best mom, thats what you should do! Their is no such thing as spotless, unless your kids cannot be kids! I'm still learning to relax on the mess and laundrey not being done!!! But you know i love being a business woman, student, wife, and mommy!!! Whatever makes you and your family happy, is what you should do!!! Mad-Props on the Promotion.... you are so awesome!! You are such a good mommy and wife, one person i have ALWAYS admired. I always think if Darian can do this i can to!! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok were you actually looking at the seriouslysoblessed site when you read that big fat lie about the clean house? That is so laughable. You have been to my house, you know my hubby has to cook & the kids, well lets not go there. It is the most challenging thing I think that any woman can do. So, if it is working & getting KILLER PROMOTIONS or getting medication on the streets of SG. I say kick it at work. When we were cooking (too true) I was the most happy knowing I was taking to someone else. So I don't see the difference when it comes to work. Yea for school too right?!

Ammie said...

Seriously?!? Who writes that kind of stuff? I think you are an awesome mom and I knows you got some mad skills at work! Congrats on the raise and promo :)

Jod Jas Curtis said...

What the H are these people writing about themselves being all clean & homemakers!! YEAH right- even w/ my OCD, & staying home, I can't keep up!

I think it is AWESOME you are working & way to go on the promo :) Some days I would love to feel needed like that...

you are amazing to me- you do so much for not only your family, but everyone around you :)